09 March, 2013

Working on it...

I have a bad habit of starting new crafting projects before I have finished the previous ones. This is even more true with knitting/crocheting projects than with others. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with this problem tough. Here are some of the projects that are waiting to be finished.



The mittens for my brother in law. This gray project has been giving me gray hair. I love the very simple fairisle pattern I'm doing on them, but it's a huge pain in the ass to try and figure out the right size for someone you only see rarely and can't fit the mittens in between.



The Pi scarf. This is creation of my creativity/madness: a doubleknit scarf with different patten on each side. I think I've been working (or more like "working") on this since early 2011 and if I don't soon return to this project, it will take an eternity before I actually finish this. So far I've finished only about XX% of the pattern I created...



The girly bag. This was a project inspired by something I saw in Pinterest and I actually am completely done with the crocheting part of the project. Now I would just need to sew the inside lining for the bag and make a handle (which will probably be an old belt).



The spring flower scarf. This is one of the most resent unfinished projects I have. I'm mixing two yarns I had in my stash and I think look fantastic together. This is definitely something  I'd love to wear this spring so I think I need to return to this asap.



The bedspread. I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to make a beige bedspread when I'm the girl of all the colors. I still love the pattern but I feel highly uninspired by the color of the yarn. We'll see if I'll ever finish this or if I just scrap it and sell the yarn.



The Converse socks. The Novita magazines sock edition had a pattern for Converse socks that inspired me to start a modified pair for my brother. They were supposed to be his Christmas present in 2011...



The little boys jacket. A project originally started with my sisters son in mind. Now he is way too big for this jacket but I still really would like to finish it.



The rainbow socks. This is one of my all time favorite sock yarns. How ever I'm not sure if I'm happy enough with this one sock to make a pair for it or if I'll just go and start from the beginning again.



The scrap yarn socks. Another sock that is lacking a pair, this time made out of some scrap yarns.



The crocus pillow. This is the project I'm actually working on right now. You might recognize a familiar pattern from one of the other projects mentioned in this post...


So yeah, there are definitely few too many of these unfinished works around this apartment. And these are just the knitting/crocheting ones. I shall make it a project of mine to try and have fewer unfinished projects before next summer.

How many unfinished project do you all have laying around?

8 comments:

  1. Iik, ihana tuo raitasukka!! Sulla on täällä kivoja juttuja, jäänpä lukijaksi! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voi kiitos! Olin vähän unohtanut, miten kivat nuo raitasukat tosiaan on, pitäis nekin vaan tehdä loppuun, niin saisi käyttöön. Niistä tulis just mainiot saapassukat.

      Delete
  2. Haha, mulla sama juttu! Päätin etten osta yhtäkään uutta lankakerää ennen kun olen saanut vanhat työt valmiiksi. Kivoja ideoita ja kauniita toteutuksia sulla! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Aika monesta näistä pidän itsekin paljon, kun vaan sais valmista aikaan.

      Mulla on kanssa vähän lankadietti päällä. Kokonaan ei ole ostaminen kielletty, mutta tavoite on, että vuoden lopussa lankaa ois vähemmän varastossa kuin alussa. Saa nähdä, miten käy. :D

      Delete
  3. Mahtava tuo pii-huivi! :D Lämmittäisi vannoutuneen luonnontieteilijän kaulaa ja sydäntä.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos. Pii-huivi on yksi älyttömimmistä ja hauskimmista projekteista, jonka olen ikinä aloittanut. Pitäis vaan saada tehtyä loppuun asti. :D

      Delete
  4. Tuo laukku on niin hieno! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Sekin on kyllä vielä kesken, mutta ehkä sen vois saada käyttöön jo täksi kesäksi...

      Delete